Monday, September 12, 2011

DeVries' Quiche

I make this quiche all the time and sometimes i just add whatever veggies I want. So easy and an awesome weekly staple for us.

1 pie crust (cooked for 10 min @ 425, set aside to cool)

Saute together:

sm Red Bell Pepper chopped
1/2 purple onion chopped
2 minced garlic cloves
2 T. olive oil

when onions arre somewhat transparent & starting to brown add 2-3 T chopped fresh or 2ish teaspoons dried basil (I've used both & really like the dried a bit better)

set aside to cool a bit

Whisk together:

4 eggs
1 t. salt (I sometime omit this)
1/2-1 c. 1/2 & 1/2 or milk (if using milk then use 1/2 cup-ish)
2 c. shredded Montery Jack Cheese (I use what ever I have but like this one the best)
1/3 c. parmesan cheese

mix togethter with cooled veggies (if they are too hot they will begin to cook the eggs)

pour into crust, top with thin slices of tomato if desired.

Cook at 375 for 45-50 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.

Enjoy!!

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment