Thursday, September 8, 2011

Katie Douglass' Easy Black Bean and Corn Salad

Easy Black Bean and Corn Salad

I love this salad because you can keep most of the ingredients on hand and if you are missing one thing it is not really that big of a deal. I usually make this and immediately put it in "to go" lunch containers for John's and my lunches.
>
> 1 can of corn drained
> 1 can of black beans rinsed and drained
> 1 cup of quinoa (I like to get the red kind that you used to be able to get at Trader Joe's) - you can also use couscous
> 1/2 of a bunch of cilantro chopped
> 1 pint of cherry tomatoes sliced in half
> 1 diced avocado (if you have it, wait to cut it up until you serve it or else it will brown)
> 1 small red onion or 3 green onions or 1 small white onion chopped
> 1 clove of garlic chopped (I often leave this out)
>
> Toss these together in a large bowl.
>
> Add:
> A generous swirl or two of olive oil (maybe 3 Tbs)
> 2-3 Tbs. lemon or lime juice (or both)
> 2-3 teaspoons of sea salt (taste it)
> A few cranks from a pepper shaker
>
> Peace,
> Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment